[Sticky] Rules of Engagement  

RSS
Emma
 Emma
(@emma)
Environmentalist Admin

This is a friendly place with a positive vibe - we're aiming to create a kinder, cleaner and better world for all.

Under no circumstances will any forms of bullying, abuse or hate speech be tolerated. Spammy and off topic posts will be removed. Repeat offenders will be banned.

Be excellent to each other, and the planet.

Please also be mindful that this is an open forum, with posts visible to the general public, unless they are marked by a padlock icon (like the Introductions thread). So please don't post personal information that you would not share with a stranger!

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Emma
ReplyQuote
Posted : 19th January 2019 12:11 pm
Re.new
(@re-new)
New Recruit

Hello Emma. Glad to know you.

I would like to leave a question about Achocha  but I cant do it on the article. I'm trying here, tell me if I did wrong.

Im  curious  about this plant I just bought from an online site. Rigth now I want to sow it indoors and then move outside around end of April. I live in Milano, northern Italy. A climate like London or Paris. Maybe a bit milder.

I plann to use the scottex method in a warn nursery. Around 24 degrees. You think it's ok?

Thank you . Have a nice day!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 9th February 2019 4:28 pm
Emma
 Emma
(@emma)
Environmentalist Admin

Hello,

I don’t know what the scottex method is.

I normally sow my achocha seeds in spring (so April in the UK), without any extra heat.

So if your climate is similar, I would think it is too early to sow them yet. I sow mine at the same time of year as tender beans or squash.

Hope that helps!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 9th February 2019 4:51 pm
Re.new
(@re-new)
New Recruit

Thank you for your fast reply. So they don't need any extra heat. That's good. 

Btw the scottex method is used often to make germinate hot peppers. Basically the seeds are put in a plastic bag between 2 humid sheets of scottex paper (kinda kleenex) and in warm place. They germinate very well.

In this case it doesn't seem necessary.

Regards

Renato

ReplyQuote
Posted : 9th February 2019 7:06 pm
Emma
 Emma
(@emma)
Environmentalist Admin

Fascinating, thank you! I haven’t heard of germinating peppers like that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 9th February 2019 7:09 pm
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register