September has come to a close, and with it the inaugural Write Club competition. I am sure you will all agree that the quality of entries was very high, and that every single guest post was worth reading, so lets have a virtual round of applause for all our entrants:
- Katie Allen with the exotic Postcard from Tamil Nadu
- Sara with the blooming wonderful Late Late Show
- Alison Tindale’s Oriental pearl Of fat white grubs and pale jade beads
- The Courtyard Gardeners’ love letter to A plant in the wrong place
- VP’s moving plea for help against the Horse Chestnut leaf miner
- Tom Carpen’s evocative Season’s bleatings
- Clare Burgess’ homage to volunteering, Not in my backyard
- Julieanne Porter’s sparky Go Electric
- Vanessa’s timely Ramble about the bramble
- Carl Legge’s inspiring piece on How pandas helped me appreciate brassicas
- Lynette Leman’s heartening struggles with no room in the brassica bed
- And Kirsty John’s opening foray into the perils of being an Eco Mum
Thank you to everyone who expressed their appreciation via a comment, FB like, Tweet or Google+. I can finally reveal that the winner of the public vote was…………………………….. Tom Carpen, with his Season’s Bleatings!
Carl Legge was a very popular runner-up and I know that many people will be enjoying his recipes for years to come.
From all the comments that were left I have used the random number generator to pick one winner, and it chose Catofstripes, who will receive a book from my shelf. I will be in touch with both winners shortly to arrange delivery of their prize.
It only remains for me to say that I have enjoyed Write Club 2011 immensely, and I hope you have to and that you’ll join me next year for Write Club 2012!