A simple supper recipe for chorizo and potato burgers, which can easily be adapted to make use of leftover ingredients.
Prep: 1 hr
Cook: 15 mins
150g cooking chorizo
60g sweetcorn (defrosted, if previously frozen)
1 cup of breadcrumbs
2 tbsp oil for frying
- Peel, chop and boil the potatoes until tender. Mash and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Dice the cooking chorizo, and gently fry and until cooked through.
- Mix together all of the ingredients so that the chorizo and sweetcorn are spread out reasonably evenly through the mix.
- Form into burger shapes (2 per person). Cover and chill for 30 mins.
- Gently press burgers into breadcrumbs to coat as evenly as possible.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan until a test breadcrumb starts to sizzle, then place the burgers into the pan. Fry for about 5 minutes per side, until the crumbs are nicely golden and sizzling, and the burgers are warmed through.
- Serve immediately, with a simple vegetable accompaniment, such as a green salad.
Easily adapted to make use of gluten-free breadcrumbs if necessary. For the wafflier version of how to turn leftovers into potato cakes for dinner, read Kitchen Wombling: Chorizo potato cakes 🙂